Sunday 6 November 2011

Photo recovery software is a blessing for photographers

Being a fashion photographer, I carry my photography paraphernalia to my shoot locations. During one of my recent shoots outdoor, I carried one of my memory cards which contained the photos from a just concluded high-profile fashion event. I inserted the SDHC card in my camera to take a re-look at the glimpses of shots from the events, but failed to view a single photo. This unfortunate thing happened when my camera's LCD displayed an error message. The occurrence of an error message was a clear indication that memory card has got corrupted. I could feel the goosebumps on the spot as I could not afford losing those valuable photos. Their loss could be detrimental to my career prospects. I considered searching the Internet right away for an appropriate picture recovery solution. During my research, I discovered a lot about the recovery concept and facts, which I would like to elaborate here.

Don't use a memory card after data loss incident
A memory card when deletes a photo or some other file, it marks the space as free, so that it can be used by another file. The deleted photo is never erased permanently. Its index entry gets deleted from the file system of the memory card, whereas, content remains completely untouched. The data of the deleted file can be recovered until and unless a new file overwrites it. In a nutshell, photo recovery is not possible if you keep storing new photos onto a memory card or using it for different purposes. In fact after encountering a photo loss situation, you should immediately stop using it.

How recovery utilities prove helpful?
Photo recovery software are designed to recover photos from various storage media in all data loss situations like accidental deletion, accidental or intentional formatting, corruption, file system damage or virus attacks. Being read-only, they do not modify the original content.
All you need to do is download a reliable software, install it on your system and use it for instant recovery. To use such tools, you need not be a tech-savvy person as they come equipped with a simple and graphical user interface.

I, myself, downloaded a promising software called digital picture recovery and recovered all my lost photos and escaped the unfortunate situation. The photo recovery software recovers lost, deleted or formatted photos from all types of memory cards including SD, MMC, SDHC, XD etc. Both Windows and Mac users can use the application as it is available in two versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment